Kingsfield Court, Chester, CH4 9RF, UK
Salary: £22,000-£35,000 dependent on experience
The Systems Administrator provides 1st and 2nd line IT general support and support of the loan administration system (Pancredit).
The Systems Administrator will also undertake project work across a variety of initiatives which will be aimed at improving the function and efficiency of the company.
It will also be within the remit of this role to participate in the identification and recommendation to management of relevant improvement projects.
The role will involve the post holder working with colleagues across the business in defining or executing the projects.
The post holder will be responsible for participating in the decision making process in order to identify and recommend system improvements.
Strategic and business impacting decisions will be discussed with the Development Manager and Senior IT Manager.
- Support and management of Loan Management system (Pancredit)
- Production and maintenance of documentation for the above mentioned loan management system
- Provide general IT support to the business and its IT systems where necessary
- Monitoring IT systems performance and participation in the identification and recommendation of improvements to such systems
- Ensure that all support, tasks and procedures are carried out effectively and efficiently (where appropriate within a project brief).
- Ensure that business users are kept informed of issues and progress
- Ensuring that procedures are followed, particularly relating to Health and Safety and Security
- Good analytical/problem solving skills
- Good communication skills (written and verbal), with an ability to communicate with business users and IT staff
- Diplomatic and patient
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Work well within a team environment
- Work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Willing to learn new skills and methodologies
- Basic IT Systems awareness and troubleshooting across various platforms including (but not limited to) Windows Server 2019, Active Directory, Citrix, and Hardware Support (laptops and desktops)
- Grade C or above in GCSE Mathematics and English (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of IT technology, systems and packages
- Analytical/Proactive thinking and a “can do” attitude
- Knowledge/Experience of Finance sector (with accountancy)
- Knowledge of legal guidelines around IT and Finance
- Knowledge/Awareness of ITIL V3/V4 processes
- Previous experience in IT support
- Formal qualifications within IT (A Level, BTEC, Degree)
- Any previous technical qualifications relating to Microsoft, IT Security, Cisco or Citrix
- Deliver outputs on time and to a high standard
- Provision of advice and knowledge to assist in the correction of issues and problems identified by the business and IT
- Demonstrate excellent ability to work with others within the IT Department and the business as a whole
- Successful completion of assigned projects to schedule and to agreed objectives
- The role is Chester based with some hybrid office/home working at the discretion of the company and line manager
- The post holder may also be expected to undertake out of hours work, where required in support of the business
- The post holder will be required to participate in paid out of hours cover on a Rota basis
- Willingness to attend training courses as required
We will keep your CV on our records for 12 months after your application. We carry out credit checks and DBS checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles.