Location – Base – Kingsfield Court, Chester, CH4 9RF, UK (HYBRID working available)
Terms – Full Time
Department – Technology
Salary – £40,000-£50,000
This is an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer to join the development team within the Technology function at Specialist Motor Finance.
Over the past few years SMFL has been on a journey to improve the end-to-end customer journey, as well as enhancing its data, analytical and technology offering. Several key initiatives have been delivered during the last few years, including a full re-design and re-development of the SMFL credit acquisition journey. SMFL are looking for a flexible and capable developer to support and build functionality within existing systems and new services.
The Software Developer role provides support of all development services, platforms, and new developed projects within SMFL.
- Scoping, coding and implementation of projects relating to internally developed software.
- Support development and maintenance requirements of existing in-house developed solutions.
- Communicate with the Technology function and wider business regarding service availability and development/maintenance requirements.
- Liaise with infrastructure team to specify and build requirements for any required platforms for developed solutions
- Suggest and implement relevant improvements to the developed services and platforms in use within SMFL.
- Integrate into the Agile project management environment, estimating and completing work in an accurate manner to support project planning.
- Create accurate and clear documentation to allow full knowledge transfer within the development team, and administration of services by the wider technology team where appropriate.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal key stakeholders (Management Team, Credit Risk etc.)
- Build and maintain effective relationships with 3rd party development teams, where they integrate with our developed solutions, and where required
- Good educational background in a relevant field, such as Computer Science, Engineering and Mathematics.
- At least 3 years proven working experience in the delivery and administration of IT development services.
- Excellent client-facing, written and communication skills.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle within an Agile environment.
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience/knowledge of development, including but not limited to C#, PHP, XML, JSON, Web APIs, backend development, MVC, relational databases (MSSQL), Visual Studio .NET and IIS.
- Knowledge of Unit, integration, Test Driven Development (TDD), regression and functional testing methods.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of application security.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of change and release management processes.
- Good analytical/problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal), applied at all levels across an organisation.
- Design Patterns and SOLID Principals.
- An understanding/experience of WEB API 2.0 development.
- Understanding/experience of Restful Microservices.
- Experience of source control such as Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Experience of Dependency Injection (DI).
- Experience of Object Relationship Mapping (ORM) such as NHibernate.
- Understanding/experience of Workflow.
- Experience of continuous integration (CI).
- Knowledge/Experience of Finance sector.
- Knowledge of legal guidelines around IT and Finance.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
We will keep your CV on our records for 12 months after your applications. We carry out credit checks and DBS checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles.