Location – Kingsfield Court, Chester
Department – Credit Risk Department
Salary – £38,000-£50,000
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Credit Risk Analyst to join the growing Credit Risk Analytics function at Specialist Motor Finance in Chester.
As part of our Risk team, the role is primarily tasked with providing strategic and analytical expertise to both the Collections function and the wider business, driving management information, analytics and insight into these areas
As a Senior Credit Risk Analyst, the successful candidate will manage, mentor and develop junior analysts on the team, as well as undertaking both day-to-day MI and more in-depth project based analysis work, to help drive our overall business strategy.
Designing, creating, producing and distributing management information, together with managing stakeholders, working on diverse projects with other areas of the business, and contributing your experience and expertise to the management team, you will play a key part in the strategic development of the business.
Our working environment is currently hybrid, there will be an element of working from home on a weekly basis, together with some days in the Chester office
- Improve the performance of credit risk strategies through a data driven approach, playing a key role in the drive towards strategic change, continuous improvement & automation. Working closely with other areas to deliver these improvements.
- Undertaking and running complex projects to support the development of strategies, policies, predictive models and processes in the wider business, working mainly with other colleagues in the wider Risk function but also other key areas such as Finance, IT and Compliance.
- Managing & coaching junior analysts, driving their development through the sharing of experience and expertise
- Delivering insightful and focused credit risk reporting & analysis on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, presenting those insights at internal forums, delivering complex findings to a varied audience
- Working with external stakeholders such as credit reference agencies and other technology vendors to help introduce credit risk solutions into the business
- A graduate / postgraduate with a degree in an analytical or numerate subject, such as Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, etc.
- Confidence and competence with data analysis tools/languages, such as SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Visual Analytics, SQL, Python, R or similar, together with a high standard of proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint).
- Previous experience of any of the following – motor finance, secured or unsecured financial products, management information / analytics production and development, acquisition strategies, portfolio management, collections & risk strategies, predictive modelling, or provisioning and bad debt practices – all advantageous.
- Analytically minded and inquisitive, eager to learn different skills and absorb new information.
- Methodical, logical approach with forensic attention to detail.
- Strong communicator – excellent written and presenting skills. The role will involve explaining potentially complex issues to non-technical audiences, from the executive team to colleagues in operational areas, and tailoring the message to those groups
- Organised – ability to prioritise workloads and deliver your best work in a time sensitive, fast-moving environment.
- Highly motivated and pro-active
- Strong team player, working effectively in a team environment but also comfortable working individually
- Conscientious and always striving for excellence
- Not afraid to speak up and challenge
- Committed to continuous improvement
- To demonstrate the Company’s Vision and Values at all times
We will keep your CV on our records for 12 months after your applications. We carry out credit checks and DBS checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles.