Location – Kingsfield Court, Chester
Full Time/ Permanent
Salary: £48,000 – £58,000
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Oversight & Capability Senior Manager is responsible for the development of the Outcome Testing and QA frameworks in line with regulatory requirements (including Consumer Duty). Additionally, this role will oversee and execute Root Cause Analysis (RCA) based on findings from across the wider business, providing insight and recommending changes to remedy the identified gaps. Within this role, the individual will be responsible for developing teams’ capabilities and shaping oversight strategy for first line of defence.
Strategy and Planning:
- Develop and deliver the oversight framework for 1LoD including Outcome Testing and Quality Assurance Monitoring.
- Build a company wide training capability with industry leading content and delivery capability
- Develop a business-wide RCA strategy and supporting infrastructure which Identifies opportunities for process improvement and implement improvements to deliver good customer outcomes across the whole of SMF
- Work closely with all business units to review customer outcomes using insight to inform strategic decision-making
Team Leadership and Management:
- Provide strong leadership and guidance to the whole team, fostering a culture of high performance, accountability, and continuous development
- Set clear performance goals and objectives for the team, regularly reviewing performance, and providing constructive feedback
- Develop and implement training programs to enhance the skills and capabilities of the team members
- Monitor team productivity and ensure efficient workload distribution
- Ensure outcome testing and quality assurance is effective in assessing SMF compliance against all relevant laws, regulations, and industry guidelines, including a working understanding of FCA regulations
- Remain informed with regulatory changes, including the Consumer Duty, and ensure prompt implementation of necessary adjustments to maintain compliance
- Develop and enforce internal policies and procedures to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements
Stakeholder and Third Party Management
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including Legal, Compliance, Credit Risk and Finance, to ensure alignment of collection and recovery strategies with organisational objectives and requirements
- Operational lead for Change Advisory Board (CAB)
- Chair monthly outcome testing forum with Exec Leadership Team
- Develop and implement robust post-implementation reviews (PIR’s) off the back of changes.
- Ensure that colleagues are competent to deliver good customer outcomes through focused coaching frameworks and regular training on specialist subject matter
- To make recommendations around further process or procedural improvements to be made
SMFL are committed to ensuring its customers receive good outcomes, and therefore it’s crucial that all of our employees demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us to deliver SMFL’s strategy.
- Ability to understand and interpret regulatory rules and guidance within the UK Regulatory Environment including but not limited to Consumer Duty.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of the FCA rules and guidance, Data Protection and other regulatory bodies.
- Analytical mindset with ability to interpret data, spot trends and identify emerging risks.
- Self-motivated, persistent, diligent and enthusiastic.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Strategic thinker (forward looking)
- Precise and clear in written and verbal communication.
- Confident in liaising with all levels of staff to enable cultivation of strong working relationships will all levels of staff including the Leadership team.
- IT literate with proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Tenacity to investigate areas of concern across all business functions.
- An awareness of the impact of regulation on firms’ business models and the changes required to improve customer journeys.
- Experienced in developing and implementing risk-based oversight frameworks.
- Experience with developing and implementing Root Cause Analysis methodologies.
The successful candidate will be required at all times to act within the standards expected within Consumer Duty and comply with The Conduct Rules which set the minimum standard of individual behaviour expected when carrying out a role at Specialist Motor Finance. These rules include:
- You must act with integrity
- You must act with due skill, care and diligence
- You must be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators
- You must pay due regards to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct
- You must act to deliver good outcomes for retail customers
We will keep your CV on our records for 12 months after your applications. We carry out credit checks and DBS checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles.