Location – Base – Kingsfield Court, Chester, CH4 9RF, UK (HYBRID working available)
Terms – Full Time
Department – Technology
Salary – £40,000-£60,000
This is an exciting opportunity for an IT Manager to lead the IT team within the Technology function at Specialist Motor Finance.
In recent years SMFL has grown and developed its technical capabilities, improving IT service and reliability metrics significantly. As we look to the future, we have outlined a long term strategy involving significant investment and change into the modernisation and rationalisation of the full IT estate, including cloud migration and reformed service delivery approaches across the board.
The IT Manager role will be a busy and rewarding one, leading the team in delivering this strategy while supporting the day to day operations and support of SMFL’s systems.
- Team management to provide support of existing systems and day to day IT services
- Team management to support projects and changes requiring IT infrastructure or configuration
- Team management to support end user computing devices and peripherals
- People management of the IT team
- Tracking and management of invoiced spend against IT services and infrastructure
- Operation within the budgets agreed and set with SMF’s management
- Input to, and delivery of the IT elements of, SMF’s technology strategy and overarching business plan
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers and vendors to ensure productive relationships with SMF’s partners
- Ensuring systems security across the entire SMF estate
- Ensuring systems and processes are adequately documented
- Maintaining an industry-standard level of personal IT capability, while mentoring the IT team to the same standards
- Good educational background in a relevant field, such as Computer Science, Engineering and Mathematics.
- At least 5 years proven working experience in the delivery and administration of IT services.
- Experience working within an FCA approved financial services organisation (desirable)
- Experience managing a technical team
- Excellent client-facing, written and communication skills.
- Strong understanding of IT service delivery and architecture.
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience/knowledge a broad range of IT systems and components such as, but not limited to, Windows and Linux operating systems, Active Directory, Server administration and configuration, shell/batch scripting, firewalls and networks, physical hosting solutions, and cloud hosting solutions.
- Broad experience of software delivery and support (including solutions like Office 365 etc.)
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of network, device and physical security.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of change and release management processes.
- Good analytical/problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal), applied at all levels across an organisation.
- Knowledge/Experience of Finance sector.
- Knowledge of legal guidelines around IT and Finance.
We will keep your CV on our records for 12 months after your applications. We carry out credit checks and DBS checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles.