Kingsfield Court, Chester, CH4 9RF, UK
Department- Credit Risk
Salary: £20,000-£30,000 dependent on experience
(2 positions available)
This is an exciting opportunity for a graduate to join our Credit Risk Analytics & Collections Strategy team at Specialist Motor Finance.
As part of our wider Risk team, you will use data and analytics to continually understand, improve and shape how SMF does business. By developing, producing, and presenting management information, as well as undertaking more in-depth analyses and getting involved in longer-term projects, you will support the development of SMF’s Risk and Collections strategy.
The role will involve working closely with other areas of the business and will offer you the chance to fine-tune your business acumen and understanding of Credit Risk, Motor Finance, and the Credit Cycle, whilst also building stakeholder relationships across the wider team here at SMF.
We will provide you with ongoing technical training and development to help you realise your potential, ensuring you have the analytical toolkit required to thrive in this role.
- Using data-driven conclusions to continuously improve the strategies used in our Collections operation, supporting the drive towards our Collections target operating model
- Maintaining, monitoring, and developing predictive financial models such as credit acquisition, behavioural score and loss forecast models
- Undertaking varied, detailed and typically complex projects to support the development of strategies, policies, and processes in the wider business, working with other colleagues from the wider Risk team and beyond
- Using data tools such as SAS EG to interrogate the SMF loan book data – then analysing this output to present your findings to stakeholders and management, making business recommendations based upon your work
- Preparing and presenting papers to monthly committees and forums – proposing strategic improvements, explaining changes in portfolio performance, or presenting deep-dives into areas of focus or concern to the management and executive team
- Experience of data manipulation and analytical software
- Analytically minded and inquisitive, eager to learn different skills and absorb new information
- Methodical, logical approach and attention to detail
- Strong written and presenting skills to help explain potentially complex issues concisely to different levels of audience
- Ability to prioritise workloads and deliver your best in a time sensitive, fast-moving environment
- Understanding of financial products and the credit cycle would be advantageous
- Highly motivated with a pro-active outlook
- Strong team player
- Conscientious and always striving for excellence
- Confident to speak up and challenge
- Committed to continuous improvement
- To always demonstrate the Company’s Vision and Values
- A graduate with a degree in an analytical or numerate subject, such as Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics
- Experience of SAS EG, SAS VA, SQL, Python, R or similar tools for data analysis, together with a high standard of proficiency with MS Office
We will keep your CV on our records for 12 months after your application. We carry out credit checks and DBS checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles.