Location – Kingsfield Court, Chester
Department – Collections Department
Salary – £22,000-£26,000
To assist the Customer Support Team Leader in managing the business’ portfolio of vulnerable customers. The ability to engage, empathise with and develop ongoing relationships with customers are key required skills to best support them through a difficult time
Ensuring the business meets its performance targets, together with due regard to all regulatory requirements.
To primarily support and liaise with the company’s particularly vulnerable customers who can’t be dealt with in Mainstream Collections, to ensure they experience the best outcome, by:
- Protecting and enhancing customer and company interests by using active questioning and listening techniques to determine customers financial and personal circumstances
- Identifying customer needs and responding to them, ensuring all relevant facts and information is gathered, to ensure the most appropriate outcome for the customer.
- Handling each call in a professional manner and having the ability to show empathy and sympathy as required
- Identifying and supporting our vulnerable customers and providing an empathetic approach to their sensitive and unique situations. Working with them to reach a mutually acceptable solution utilising appropriate guidance provided
- Negotiating affordable re-payment plans
- Using negotiation and persuasion skills to gain customer commitment
- Ensuring that all interactions with customers are recorded and updated accordingly on the relevant system, adhering to all relevant processes and procedures, to enable accurate and factual data and to make sure our customer’s information is protected at all times.
- Delivering exceptional customer service through every customer interaction utilising specialist knowledge, skills and experience to deliver industry leading customer outcomes (full training provided)
- Supporting the team by providing help, guidance and feedback to others, sharing best practice and seeking out opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Identify vulnerable consumer accounts which need escalation to Senior Management for bespoke outcomes. Liaise with Senior Management to facilitate providing these outcomes.
- Ensure call handling and service quality is maintained
- Act as role model to ensure vision and values are embedded within the team
- A resilient and unwavering customer focus, with the ability to handle queries of a sensitive and challenging nature.
- Ability to communicate information clearly, concisely, and accurately, typically verbally, but also written
- Positive and enthusiastic approach
- Strong interpersonal skills and an excellent telephone manner
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Empathetic nature
We will keep your CV on our records for 12 months after your applications. We carry out credit checks and DBS checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles.