Location – Kingsfield Court, Chester
Full Time/ Permanent
Salary: £21,000 – £23,500
The role is responsible for handling all complaints for the SMF group. Strive to deal with all customer complaints at the first point of contact ensuring customer satisfaction wherever possible.
Complaints are handled in line with prescribed company procedure, regulatory requirements, and the principles of Treating Customers Fairly, whilst providing exceptional Customer Service.
In addition to normal complaints handling duties, the role is responsible for handling day to day issues and workload to assist the wider operational departments.
- Handle inbound and outbound telephone calls into the complaints team. This will include calls from customers as well as regulatory bodies including the Financial Ombudsman Service.
- Manage individual workload of complaints ensuring work is completed, responding to complaints within the internal service level and within regulatory timescales.
- Ensure new complaints are recorded accurately on the relevant systems, including contact information and necessary actions.
- Make correct, informed decisions about whether a complaint is justified or unjustified and what action should be taken, taking a commercial view where necessary.
- Ensure any offer of settlement or redress is fully supported with documentary evidence.
- Ensure all correspondence and telephone contact is clear, concise, and accurate.
- Treat customers with respect, showing empathy and understanding. Always adhere to the principles of ‘Treating Customers Fairly’.
- Assist with the preparation and production of Management Information relating to complaint handling
- Demonstrate ability to identify Vulnerable Customers and deal with them appropriately.
- Provide effective ongoing communication to the team, department and the business
- Root Cause analysis should be reviewed regularly to ensure our processes do not create any barriers along the customer journey.
- Demonstrate the company Vision and Values.
- Knowledge of common vehicle issues
- Knowledge of hire purchase agreements
- Knowledge of the Specialist Motor Finance Ltd business including the customer journey and all related processes.
- Fully computer literate
- Ability to address multiple demands without losing focus.
- Analytical and logical approach.
- Excellent telephony skills.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Working under pressure, often to tight deadlines.
- Problem solving skills.
- Able to identify Vulnerable Customers and establish fair outcomes for customers in vulnerable circumstances.
- To work on own initiative
- Personal drive and self-motivation.
The successful candidate will be required at all times to act within the standards expected within Consumer Duty and comply with The Conduct Rules which set the minimum standard of individual behaviour expected when carrying out a role at Specialist Motor Finance. These rules include:
- You must act with integrity
- You must act with due skill, care and diligence
- You must be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators
- You must pay due regards to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct
- You must act to deliver good outcomes for retail customers
- Knowledge and understanding of the following regulatory bodies and their respective guidance:
- Financial Conduct Authority – in particular ICOB, ICOBS,MCD, CONC and the Complaints Dispute Resolution Rules (DISP).
- Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS)
- Finance and Leasing Association (FLA)
- Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
Knowledge and good understanding of relevant legislation:
- Consumer Rights Act 2015
- Consumer Credit Act 1974
- Data Protection Act
- Consumer Credit Directive
We will keep your CV on our records for 12 months after your applications. We carry out credit checks and DBS checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles.