Location – Kingsfield Court, Chester
Full Time/ Permanent
Salary: £24,000 – £30,000
7 Positions available due to expansion of the team
To be part of a fast paced, energetic team in a busy call centre contacting customers in arrears from day one, through to issuing to external agents. Ensuring the business meets its performance targets, together with due regard to all regulatory requirements.
No previous Collections experience required, as full training will be given. Call centre experience would be advantageous. This is predominantly office based in Chester with the option of hybrid working after a successful probation period.
- Collections activity on all overdue active agreements.
- Provide excellent service to all customers both internal and external and embrace the principles of Treating Customers Fairly.
- Understand the key factors associated with the significant vulnerability.
- Recognise cases of significant vulnerability.
- Negotiate recovery of outstanding payments with customers by identifying the reason for the overdue payment(s), to prevent contractual loss.
- Influencing and negotiating with customers to ensure a satisfactory outcome for both the company and the customer
- Ensure call handling and service quality is maintained
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Basic IT skills
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Call centre experience (desirable)
- A team player
- Positive attitude
- Flexible in approach
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
The successful candidate will be required at all times to act within the standards expected within Consumer Duty and comply with The Conduct Rules which set the minimum standard of individual behaviour expected when carrying out a role at Specialist Motor Finance. These rules include:
- You must act with integrity
- You must act with due skill, care and diligence
- You must be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators
- You must pay due regards to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct
- You must act to deliver good outcomes for retail customers
We will keep your CV on our records for 12 months after your applications. We carry out credit checks and DBS checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles.